The Session 24: A Tripel For Two

This month over at Musings Over A Pint the session is being held on the subject of A Tripel For Two. They must be getting into the valentines spirit already. I hate valentine's day, it's all too contrived for me, but sharing a beer you love with someone you love now that sounds ok to me. I'd have to pick my favourite tripel Maredsous 10 to share. It's one of my favourite beers, it has all the things that Belgian beers do well. Sweet, strong and spicy with good yeast character.
Of course I'd share it with my lovely husband over a nice home cooked dinner.

This reminds me, I've been planning my next brew for a while now. It's going to be a Belgian dubbel so it fits in with this post. I'm hoping to get it done next week. I have some nice caramunch malt that will combine with crystal and a dose of sugar to give a strong sweet malty beer. I even have the right yeast this time, some Safbrew s33. I'll ferment this in the sitting room by the radiator for some warmth. My fermenting room is pretty cold, I think it's too cold and my beers have been lacking yeast character. This is fine if you don't want yeast character but in a Belgian dubbel I want that fruity estery taste. It'll be an all grain brew so it will take all day but it's worth it.

2 Responses to "The Session 24: A Tripel For Two" (Leave A Comment)

Gonecaving says
February 6, 2009 at 5:43 AM

When are likely to be brewing? I wouldn't mind watching.

Bionic Laura says
February 6, 2009 at 5:46 AM

It'll probably be a weekday, though I could move it to the weekend. Be warned though as it's all grain it could take the whole day. Dave got very bored watching last time I was brewing :-)