A little storm cloud

After my success at the Ravelympics with the Ishbel shawl I decided I wanted to knit another shawl. I had some gorgeous purple mohair boucle yarn from Cushendale woolen mills in my stash. I was on the look out for the perfect shawl pattern that would suit the yarn.  I decided anything too lacey wouldn't show up and I also wanted a quick enough knit.

I think I found the perfect pattern in the storm cloud shawlette. It's a semi-circular shawl that knits up really easily using an elongated garter stitch pattern. To add some interest I decided to use some of the core spun art yarn to add a bit of interest every couple of rows. It's much bigger now than it was in this picture so I should finish it soon. After that my plans for summer knitting include many more shawls.
 


When I finished the Ishbel shawl I promised I'd take some better pictures of it. The picture of it blocking doesn't do it justice at all what with the mad background of my blue yoga mat. So here it is looking like it's supposed to. I've worn the shawl many times now and I really love it. It's not too big and it's just perfect for keeping the wind out when I wear a coat. There's always the satisfaction of wearing something that you made yourself too.

1 comments:

sheknitupthat says
April 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM

The ishbel is gorgeous - I love how you dyed the yarn for it. I'm planning a Cushendale scarf in my future too - you are starting a trend!