Finished: Tempting


Here is a photo of my finished tempting from knitty. It's a very popular pattern probably because it's easy to do. It's knit all in one piece in a stretchy 2x2 rib. This means you don't have to be that accurate with the fit and you don't have to do any sewing at the end.
I made a few modifications to the pattern. At the top I changed to green for a few rows before casting off. I then crocheted on a mesh border with a picot trim. I also edged the sleeves with single crochet as it made it look a bit more finished. I added a crochet leaf for autumn but I didn't get a picture of it yet. I really like how it turned out as it fits nice and snug. The sublime merino, silk, cashmere yarn is nice and warm as well, it has a lovely sheen to it as well.
I had hoped to finish this much earlier in the season as it would have been perfect for the cold Irish summer we just had. It's supposed to autumn now but I think the weather has decided to bypass all that and just go straight for winter. So maybe I'll have to wait until next spring to wear this.

So now that this project is finished I'm free to start some others. I think it's hat time of year again. Himself is demanding some sort of earwarmer that will fit under a cycling helmet. I think this pattern by Amy O'Neill Houck might just fit the bill. I also have a new baby cousin so I'll crochet a cute little hat for her.

2 Responses to "Finished: Tempting" (Leave A Comment)

Sinéad says
October 6, 2008 at 8:01 AM

I love the top, really pretty. The crochet border is a lovely touch!

Boak says
October 6, 2008 at 1:44 PM

That is very nice. I'm not allowing myself to start any new projects until I finish one of the four I've got going but that pattern looks simple yet effective.